Each year, Operation Red Wings Foundation receives bequests that help us meet our current funding needs, expand programs, and plan for the future.
For many supporters, a bequest is the simplest and best way to create a meaningful – and influential – legacy of supporting veterans in need. Most people do not have the means to make a $50,000 or $500,000 or $5,000,000 gift during their lifetime, yet a bequest can empower them to do just that upon their passing.
A bequest allows you to retain control of your assets during your lifetime while also making a significant contribution toward our mission of restoring hope for veterans struggling with Post Traumatic Stress, mild Traumatic Brain Injury, and Chronic Pain.
Enjoy Attractive Benefits
- Make a gift of any amount while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime.
- Bequests can be modified at any point in time.
- An outright gift from your estate is entirely free from federal estate taxes, permitting ORWF to utilize the full amount of your gift. Bequests made to individuals, in contrast, are usually heavily taxed.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of creating a legacy and having a lasting impact on long-term health and recovery of veterans across the country – perhaps even enable the construction of a new retreat facility to serve thousands of veterans far into the future.
Making a Bequest is Simple
With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to Operation Red Wings Foundation as part of your estate plan. There are many creative ways to structure your estate plan that allow you to make a gift to Operation Red Wings Foundation while also remembering your loved ones.
What Are My Options?
A bequest to Operation Red Wings Foundation can be made in several ways:
- You can make a gift of cash, securities, real estate or other property.
- You can give a specific dollar amount or asset.
- You can specify a percentage of your estate.
- You can specify a gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
- You can designate Operation Red Wings Foundation as a beneficiary of your IRA, retirement account, or insurance policy. See our identifying information below.
Designate us on your life insurance
To designate Operation Red Wings Foundation as the beneficiary (whole or part) of your life insurance policy or policies, simply list us on the form provided by your life insurance company. If you need to add or change, you can request a beneficiary change form from the company.
Operation Red Wings Foundation
1414 11th Street
Huntsville, TX 77340
Phone (936) 755-6075
EIN/Federal Tax ID#: 27-1850918