What information is collected and why: When a donor pledges money as a donation, the Foundation requests certain personally identifiable information from them in order to process the donation. Donors must provide contact information (such as name, email, and billing address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date, or checking account information). This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill donations. Credit card information is only used for specific or pre-authorized recurring transactions and is destroyed or encrypted. In the event we have trouble processing a donation, we will use this information to contact the donor. Our commitment to donor privacy: The Foundation does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses of our donors to any outside party without the individual donor’s express written consent. For purposes of this policy, an outside party includes, but is not limited to, the Board of Directors (including any former, honorary, or founding members), Advisory Board members, other donors, third-party vendors, or other organizations. To the extent necessary, the Foundation will use the contact information of donors for the following purposes only:
- Acknowledging donors for their contributions (with their express written consent);
- Producing receipts for donations;
- Internal analysis and record keeping;
- Mail and/or email communications regarding upcoming events, campaigns, the Foundation’s mission and program;
- Reporting to relevant U.S. agencies or as required by courts, laws or legal process and to the extent required to permit the Foundation to investigate any suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, regulation, the Foundation’s rules or policies, the rights of third parties, or to investigate any conduct which the Foundation deems improper.
Donor’s right to view or restrict their information:
- Donors are welcome to request and receive a complete copy of their records.
- Donors who wish to remain anonymous and not be included in published lists of donors must state so at the time of the gift. Completion of the donation remittance envelope or mention of name on any correspondence accompanying the donation is deemed written permission to be included in published lists of donors unless otherwise stated in writing.
- Donors and prospective donors may opt out of fundraising mailings via telephone, letter, e-mail, or in person. A statement providing opt-out instructions is included in all annual campaign correspondence.